Closed – Flash Giveaway No. 2

The latest watercolour paper from Hahnemühle is ‘The Collection’. It comes in two weights of Cold press, Hot press Thank you to Hahnemühle_USA. They’ve agreed to a weekly giveaway of a sample packs of 140 lb. cold press ‘The Collection’ watercolour paper. Each pack has 20 sheets of paper in 5.8 x 8.3 in./14.8 xContinue reading “Closed – Flash Giveaway No. 2”

Broom, Windy & Leaves

Artwork: Zebra pen ClickArt markers in a Hahnemühle beige-toned watercolor sketchbook. Did you know it’s believed the household sweeper is called a broom because originally it was made from one of several species of broom plant (scot’s broom, common broom, french broom, etc.). Three Doodlewash prompts in one drawing with a poem to go along,Continue reading “Broom, Windy & Leaves”

Cat in the Moonlight

Artwork: Gouache in a Hahnemühle grey-toned watercolor sketchbook. If you are here for my Hahnemühle Nostalgie sketchpad and Sarasa Clip Pens giveaway, you can find it here. Three Doodlewash prompts in one painting & to keep it simple I went with a Haiku poem this time. Beneath the moonlight,Into the night sky, cat yowlshis messageContinue reading “Cat in the Moonlight”

Amazing 3D Postcard Painting #AmazingCastingProducts #AmazingClearCast #3DResinPainting

I’ve really been into the 3D resin painting lately, and I decided to try it for a more traditional landscape painting for my latest Amazing Casting Products project. For more information, see my post at the Amazing Casting Products blog.  

Amazing Custom Watercolor Travel Palette #AmazingCastingResin #Watercolor #TravelPalette

For quite a while now, I’ve wanted a wheel palette for my watercolor paints so I could match the colors into complementary sets.  But, I’ve got lots of palettes and just couldn’t see spending the money for one. Then I got to looking at the empty paint pans I’ve collected over the years, and theContinue reading “Amazing Custom Watercolor Travel Palette #AmazingCastingResin #Watercolor #TravelPalette”

Practice, practice, practice.  More truth than poetry #Zentangle #Zendoodle #ZentangleInspiredArt

Wow.  I can’t believe how quickly I’ve lost the sense of flow between hand and brain and pen or paint.  I suppose it does me good to feel this once in a while, because it reminds me how frustrating it can be for someone new to drawing or painting. It isn’t a matter of howContinue reading “Practice, practice, practice.  More truth than poetry #Zentangle #Zendoodle #ZentangleInspiredArt”

Watercolor Koi on Yupo #Yarka #Yupo #Watercolor

In last Wednesday’s class we painted Koi, with an emphasis on learning how to paint moving water.  The teacher, Kathy Delumpa Allegri, gave me some Yupo paper to try out. Very challenging stuff!  Yupo is actually an industrial plastic and it’s very smooth.  The watercolor never entirely soaks in, so at any time you canContinue reading “Watercolor Koi on Yupo #Yarka #Yupo #Watercolor”

Jumping Off Cliffs #Watercolor #Arches #KDAllegri

In my watercolor class, we are working toward painting one of Oregon’s most famous tourist spots, Crown Point.  From the Vista House, seated on Crown Point, you have a magnificent view of the Columbia Gorge–miles and miles of rolling river, and scenic Oregon and Washington. As practice for the painting, the teacher had us paintContinue reading “Jumping Off Cliffs #Watercolor #Arches #KDAllegri”

Wild and Splattered Flowers #Watercolor #Strathmore #KDAllegri

In last week’s watercolor class, we did an exercise using masking fluid to preserve white areas of the paper.  Once the masking fluid dried we splattered paint on the page, with an emphasis on using analogous colors in the same temperature range, making one color dominant, and touching three sides of the paper with theContinue reading “Wild and Splattered Flowers #Watercolor #Strathmore #KDAllegri”

Down by the Seashore #Watercolor #WatercolorForTheFirstTime

In the two weeks between watercolor classes, I did some exercises from a book I picked up at the library “Watercolor for the First Time’ by Kory Fluckiger.  The book was a little more basic than I really needed but made for good practice. When I do these exercises, I always try to change thingsContinue reading “Down by the Seashore #Watercolor #WatercolorForTheFirstTime”