#DoodlewashJanuary2022 Prompt: Violet.
Did you know there is a chemical (ionine) in violets, that lessens your sense of smell temporarily? That’s why you can smell a violet’s scent for a moment and then it seems to go away.
This painting was a real challenge. First, when I got to the prompt, I realized that there were no purples of any kind in the pens I was using. They don’t blend too well unless you get them wet. These pens will let you do that, but the ink dried darker than I expected.
Luckily, I had a Titanium White watercolor stick on hand and I used it to add a sort of filmy white, making my violets less of a blob, and adding some depth.
The second problem happened because I startle easily, I was inking in the ‘V’, when the phone rang and I went totally off track. That’s why there is small violet sprout in my ‘V’.
- Hahnemühle Nostalgie Sketchbook
- Kuretake Real Clean Color Brush Pen
- Kuretake Cambio Tambien Brush Pen
- Kuretake Mangaka Flexible pen
- Daniel Smith titanium white watercolor stick
- Pixabay reference photo from AnitaBozic.
January Doodlewash Prompts
- To find a list of dealers, who carry Hahnemühle products in the U.S. and Canada, go here