Watercolor and pen and ink have always been my main mediums for art, but I do like to play with acrylic now and then. I received five different papers from Hahnemühle to try out and I’ll definitely be painting with acrylic more often!
Three of the paper are meant specifically for acrylic and two are mixed media papers for those who want to occasionally include acrylic in their work.
The papers are:.
- Hahnemühle® Acryl Paper & Blocks – white, slighty shiny paper, linen texture,. 330 gsm acid free, high longevity.
- Hahnemuhle Oil & Acrylic Paint Block professional quality paint board, 230 gsm, natural white, 100% cellulose, acid free, age resistant. Internally sized with a special layer to prevent bleeding & halo effect.
- Hahnemühle College Acrylic Blocks – natural white, acrylic-painting cardboard, 350 gsm, tough, acid free, high longevity.
- Hahnemuhle Universal Block Mixed Media Sketch Pad – fine grain – natural white , good for many mediums, 310 gsm,v light resistant, acid free, age resistant.
- Bamboo Mixed Media – 265 gsm, natural white , 90% Bamboo Fibre/10% Cotton Rag , good for for many mediums
Note: To find a list of dealers, who carry Hahnemühle products in the U.S. and Canada, go here.
I tested the papers to see:
- how easily the paint spread,
- how much the texture showed through several layers of paint,
- how flexible the paper was when the painting was done, and
- whether the paint cracked and/or peeled off after it was dry.
You can see my results in this video: