Pelican. Hah! Bet you were expecting a shark, lol. But they aren’t the only great whites. Now for the other shocker. This pelican is my painting for the #DoodlewashAugushtPrompt: Bell.
Here’s the logic —
- Crotalus is the name for a clapper inside a bell.
- Onocrotalusonos is an ancient Greek word for donkey.
- Ass-clapper was an ancient name for the pelican.
- The scientific name for the Great White pelican is Pelecanus onocrotalus.
So a pelican is a perfect fit for a prompt of bell. Am I the only one who is reminded of my Big Fat Greek Wedding here?
Pixabay reference by Stevebidmead at Pixabay.
- Paint-ZenArt Allegro Watercolor
- Paper: Hahnemühle Cold-Pressed Watercolor Postcard
- Brushes: ZenArt Black Tulip brushes
To find a list of dealers, who carry Hahnemühle products in the U.S. and Canada, go here.
You can find Zebra pen products here.
You can find ZenArt products here.